How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Topeka smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total control of your Topeka home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Topeka do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also offers complete remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or recorded video streams from all linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Topeka by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be inside your home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open door will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Topeka
Even though multiple users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the details to send an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Topeka smart home. Dial (785) 369-9429 to get started.