Online shopping and daily shipments have become commonplace for numerous people. You love the benefit of having items left at your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in the open are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant issue, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to combat porch pirates, but they provide a lot more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’ll likely become an essential aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Topeka video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps improving. You are now able to implement detection zones, speak to individuals at your door, and receive instant notifications whenever a package arrives.
The easiest way to understand how a Topeka video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various advantages it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t get this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging crime with warning lights and sounds. This is a great way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that should include the faces of people at your entry and items on the surface below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Vivid streams at any hour: What’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and hard to see? The best models will give you incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to enjoy instant alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and boxes.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Reciprocal audio lets you ask what they want. You can even utilize this helpful feature to scare off people lurking around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will let you cut down on false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the option to view live and recorded video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can engage with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even let you speak with the person at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.